[FIXED] Setup commandline install-service

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Kirck

[FIXED] Setup commandline install-service

Post by Kirck »

With the newer install setup the -install-service switch no work, once installed If I run everything.exe with this switch works well.

My command line options are

Code: Select all

/S -install-options -app-data -disable-run-as-admin -disable-update-notification -install-efu-association -uninstall-folder-context-menu -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -install-run-on-system-startup -install-service -install-service-port 15485 -install-start-menu-shortcuts -uninstall-url-protocol -language 1034"
Last edited by Kirck on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: Setup commandline install-service

Post by void »

Please make sure you enclose the install options with double quotes:

-install-options "-option1 -option2 -option3"

You are missing the starting "

Code: Select all

/S -install-options "-app-data -disable-run-as-admin -disable-update-notification -install-efu-association -uninstall-folder-context-menu -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -install-run-on-system-startup -install-service -install-service-port 15485 -install-start-menu-shortcuts -uninstall-url-protocol -language 1034"
Note: The reason for double quoting the install options is they are passed to the installed Everything and not handled by the installer.
Note: Everything 1.4 does not support -install-service-port 15485, it is replaced with -install-service-pipe-name "Everything Service" and -install-service-security-descriptor "D:(A;OICI;GRGW;;;AU)"
Kirck

Re: Setup commandline install-service

Post by Kirck »

Works, thanks void.

Where can I found an updated help for 1.4 version?
void
Developer

Re: [FIXED] Setup commandline install-service

Post by void »

You will need to search the forums, I will be updating the online help soon.

You'll find some basic help to the new features here:
Everything 1.4 What's New