Everything 1.4.0.703b: -choose-volumes option does not work

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
char101

Everything 1.4.0.703b: -choose-volumes option does not work

Post by char101 »

Hi,

When running Everything.exe for the first time with the -choose-volumes option to prevent it from indexing all the drives initially, Everything does not show the select drives dialog, instead it exits immediately.

Thanks.
void
Developer

Re: Everything 1.4.0.703b: -choose-volumes option does not w

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report.

-choose-volumes displays the volumes tab in the options in Everything 1.2.

In Everything 1.3 it will unset the "Auto include fixed volumes" in Tools -> Options -> NTFS and set all current included volumes to excluded and then exit immediately.

In Everything 1.4.0.703b it will unset the "Auto include fixed volumes" in Tools -> Options -> NTFS and then exit immediately.

In Everything 1.3 or later, Running Everything.exe -choose-volumes when Everything is already running will do nothing. This is probably a bug, perhaps it should show the NTFS tab when Everything is already running.

In Everything 1.3 this command line option is used by the installer when specifying Choose volumes manually (which is now named Auto include fixed volumes).
Really I should have used a new command line option, I'll look at changing the command line option and preserving the old 1.2 -choose-volumes command line option functionality.
char101

Re: Everything 1.4.0.703b: -choose-volumes option does not w

Post by char101 »

Thanks for the explanation. I used the portable version so I didn't run the installer and therefore did not had the Choose volume manually option.