Please make sure you exit "Everything" completely before running the alpha version.
To exit "Everything" completely:
- Right click the "Everything" icon in the system tray.
- Click Exit.
Please note the alpha has known issues and is still undergoing extensive tweaking.
- fixed a crash after applying changes made to custom filters.
- fixed a relative path issue.
- added restore defaults to advanced options.
- added extension list command to improve filter performance see: ext:mp3;mid;wav
- improved filter performance by up to 100 times faster.
- improved recent changes loading performance by up to 20 times faster.
- improved macro parsing.
- fixed an issue with the error logger.
- added recent changes search options.
- added new commands: recent:, rc:, ext:, cd:, cw: and cm:
- added service parameters option
To search for file extensions:
Please note this is MUCH faster than searching for *.mp3|*.wav|*.ogg|*.mid
To search for recently changed files in the USN Change Journal:
recent: or rc:
To search for recently changed files in the last 24 hours:
To search for recently changed files in the last week:
To search for recently changed files in the last month:
Please note that recent changes are only accurate up to one week, depending on the size of the USN Change Journal and how many changes have been made to the file system.
There may be a small delay when accessing the recent changes for the first time.
To load the recent changes at start-up:
- In "Everything", from the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the View tab.
- In Advanced settings, from the Load recent changes with database mode folder, click Load all recent changes with database.