I am terribly upset after installing Everything.

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Brainsick

I am terribly upset after installing Everything.

Post by Brainsick »

I am so very upset that I have not heard about this application until today. I found it, literally, an hour ago. I am also upset by the fact it is so elegant in its execution that I feel I have wasted far too many months, no, years, without it.

I am so literally blown away by this application and its exact usefulness (at least for me, but I cannot see how it wouldn't be for countless others).

Stellar work, Void Tools (David is it?) Simply stellar.
void
Developer

Re: I am terribly upset after installing Everything.

Post by void »

Glad to hear you like "Everything" :D
vurtikas

Post by vurtikas »

I was thinking the exact same thing and wondering why the built in windows search can't be as effective. I don't even need to navigate windows explorer anymore because I can find files faster by searching the filename. Spread the word people!
daspud

Post by daspud »

It is not just Windows explorer that you won't use, but the drill down dialog in Open/Save. When i want to open a file I hotkey to SE and in a few keystrokes have it on the screen, right click and copy the name and path (I keep forgetting the hotkey), then in the open dialog where it says file name I paste what I have copied and POOF it opens.

On save I copy the path and paste it infront of the save name and add a backslash.

Have fun.

Bob Roos
HJPhilippi

Post by HJPhilippi »

Full ACK.
As I'm using both, Windows and Apple notebooks, I can only shake my head in disbelief how horribly bad the Windows search illnesses still are compared to the Spotlight search on Mac OS X. With Everything, you finally get a huge improvement towards a similar fast yet comfortable approach to access your files. One of the most useful Windows helpers ever!!!

If only once file contents were indexed, too... But that's a different story.
;-)

Cheers,
Hans
straatschoffie

Post by straatschoffie »

This program is the BOM!

It is incredible fast and light in resource use. After the discovery of Everything i was finally able to clean out the mess by filtering just what i needed.

If you do not know this programme you indeed nog angry, but after that, i have nightmare when the day comes some one will take my everything away, i really cant live without it anymore.
Microsoft should buy everything..
cityismine

Post by cityismine »

I discovered SE on a pirated copy of Win7, which came with this great utility pre-installed. This was back in 2009, and since then I had no real reason to use another desktop search.