How do block pop-up ads/website?

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Debugger

Post by Debugger » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Please do not suggest any "AdBlock" (and all other browser add-ons). This blocks ads but non-opening pages in a new tab or in the background.
My computer is not infected, please understand that some popular websites have intrusive ads (eg I click Play [> because I want to watch a movie). It is known, such ads generate income, especially as they are free.

Example:
https://wedeegut.net/975216.html?q (JS/Adware.Agent.AA aplikacja)

My ESET software blocks access to the site, but the window with information still opens.
Website blocked
This website is on the list of sites with potentially dangerous content.

Access has been blocked.

therube

Re: How do block pop-up ads/website?

Post by therube » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Well "AdBlock" (uBlock) blocks the site, wedeegut.net, from loading.
Since wedeegut.net does not load, none of the sites that it would then redirect to would load either.

(You do get the uBlock warning page that tells you that it blocked the site.)

Without uBlock, if you use a browser with NoScript (so something Mozilla based), then at least JavaScript is blocked from running on those "foreign" (malware) domains (by default), so you're protected in that respect (& while that will not necessarily stop the pages from loading, at least they are mostly likely relatively benign at that point).

Debugger

Post by Debugger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:15 pm

„AdBlock” (uBlock) - I've used it, but I do not use it because of constant problems, and it does not load something, and it blocks something wrong, and the buttons do not work, massacre, as I have already many reported problems with these plugins on forum. Never again!
AdGuard - it exceeds the possibilities
The world's most advanced ad blocker!
, moreover - I have no problems with it, and even blocks most of the ads compared to AdBlock, uOrigin etc.
I have peace with ads on websites.
If you know how to configure AdGuard https://kb.adguard.com/en/general/how-t ... ad-filters, add specific pages to the blacklist, I would be grateful for the answer.

Unfortunately, I do not use NoScript, because almost all pages that I visit require enabled Script.

vickyaheer

Post by vickyaheer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Use AdBlocker. It will help a lot!

horst.epp

Post by horst.epp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Debugger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm
vickyaheer - You are an idiot, this addon does not block this site!

Lunatic, use any program to block the AdBlock site, but all the time you will see stupid blocked information about the site!
You are lucky that I*m not a moderator of this forum because I would ban you now.
You are not only make many strange postings here and under your other name
but you also don't behave as we can expect.

Debugger

Post by Debugger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm

horst.epp - Do not scare me ban, because never, nobody gave me a permanent ban. Unfortunately, I will not always write beautiful words, when someone proposes something, but he does not check and says he works. I can also offer a few solutions that do not really work. Why write this nonsense?

Do not overdo it, what are my strange posts? You probably do not know what you're saying. :lol: