Do you know a website that knows to translate a code?

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Stamimail

Do you know a website that knows to translate a code?

Post by Stamimail »

I'm looking for a website, that let you to paste a piece of code, and you can get a simple explanation about the meaning of each part of the code with references to more info and more examples.
I think https://regex101.com/ is a good example to understand the concept of what I'm looking for.
You paste the code (in this case, you paste the regular expression), and then you can get the meaning of each part of the code by hovering the regular expression characters. Tooltips with relevant explanation are displayed.

In regex101 you get the "translation" by tooltips, and it's only for regex code.
It might be other methods to display the "translation", and I need it especially for understanding programming code like CMD, AHK, JS and others.
I believe it will help me with customization of existing code, and code learning.
roger_flash

Re: Do you know a website that knows to translate a code?

Post by roger_flash »

I guess you will not find such websites for explaining programming code.

I meen such thing can work only with simple several lines of code, like to explain if statement or for cycle.

Imagine, that you have 10 pages of code and you want to get explanation what this program does... Even experienced programmer will get lost in those 10 pages..
Stamimail

Re: Do you know a website that knows to translate a code?

Post by Stamimail »

You talked about 10 pages of code.
Many times the code is not so long, especially when you are talking about CMD/AHK/JS scripts.

Take the AHK forum for example.
When you put a code into a code display

Code: Select all

a code display
you get links for some words to Help. like:

Code: Select all

[url=https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/MsgBox.htm]MsgBox[/url] %text% [\code]

Instead of opening each link to its help, it will be more convenient to have a tooltip with short explantion (Wikipedia recently has this feature).
or
to make 2 panes/frames.
In one pane you paste the code, and in the other pane you can view the translation/explanation to each character/word according to the location where is the cursor moved with the arrows.