Filing Program Recommendation Desperately Needed!

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
josevoidtools

Filing Program Recommendation Desperately Needed!

Post by josevoidtools »

Please recommend a FAST filing program or software company for Windows machines. (Mine is Windows 7 Professional.)
Just as "Everything" finds documents 100 times faster than Windows, there must be a program that CREATES a NEW file 100 times faster than Windows*.
Windows makes us go through many big folders BEFORE it will allow us to file every new document.
I have spent many hours searching for a faster program and I have failed. All of the programs that say they are better than Windows are for DIFFERENT purposes, like sharing or organizing files. I don't need that. I need to file a document in one or two steps instead of five or ten steps.
Do you know of a program or type of software that you can recommend?

* (Windows calls its slow,bad, filing system "Windows Explorer".)

Thank you, everyone!
NotNull

Re: Filing Program Recommendation Desperately Needed!

Post by NotNull »

I don't understand what you mean :?
Do you want "something" that helps you when you are in (for example) Word or Excel and you want to save your documnt to disk?
Do you want something to create a new file in File Explorer ( context menu > New > New text document? )
Or something completely different?
Which steps do you take now to achieve your filing goal?
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

https://alternativeto.net/software/windows-explorer/
I need to file a document in one or two steps instead of five or ten steps.
How do you do this currently?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Stamimail wrote:How do you do this currently?
Yes! that's way better formulated than my "Which steps do you take now to achieve your filing goal?"
Thanks!
josevoidtools

Post by josevoidtools »

I typed the wrong key and my message was posted before it was finished. I am trying to correct it now.
josevoidtools

Post by josevoidtools »

I need software recommendation from the fans of EVERYTHING.
Why you? Because I have the same kind of Windows problem that was fixed by EVERYTHING: Windows is too slow.
It's too slow in saving NEW documents.

I have to file 100 new web pages every day in my work.
I have to file web pages as NEW WEB DOCUMENTS.
I need software that lets me TYPE THE DESTINATION where the NEW web document should go.
I use Windows 7 Professional, so I am filing new web documents in DOCUMENTS, which is also known as MY DOCUMENTS.
Thank you!
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Still not clear (to me).
Are you opening a webpage in Internet Explorer, Choose Save As .. , browse to the right folder (C:\users\jose\documents ?) and click OK ?
Or print this page to PDF?
josevoidtools

Post by josevoidtools »

Browser choice does not matter when you try to save a document in Windows.
In IE, Firefox, etc. Windows always wastes a lot of your time when you file a new web page on your computer, no matter which browser you use.
This stupid, slow process is a part of WINDOWS EXPLORER.
Please remember my earlier statement: I must file 100 new web pages every day in my work. I have 38 GIGAbytes of filed web pages already, so I must navigate through many folders and subfolders over and over and over every time I file a new document.
I must start to save my new file at SAVE AS, then go to DOCUMENTS, then go through many folders before I have arrived at the correct folder for saving a web page as a file.
Because this web page filing program takes so many steps, I lose HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF WASTED TIME EVERY YEAR.

I am trying to find a FILING program that will be faster than Windows for filing a new document, much as EVERYTHING is much faster than Windows for finding an old document.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OTHER FEATURES IN ALTERNATIVES TO WINDOWS EXPLORER. I ONLY CARE ABOUT FASTER SPEED IN CREATING AND FILING A NEW DOCUMENT WHEN I SAVE A NEW WEB PAGE ON MY COMPUTER.
I need to know if any of you ALREADY use any software that is much faster for filing a new document in Windows.
therube

Post by therube »

I have to file
Explain?
Where are these pages coming from? How are you saving them? What program are you using to get this pages?
as NEW WEB DOCUMENTS
So, what, you're saving them as .html files?
I am filing new web documents in DOCUMENTS, which is also known as MY DOCUMENTS
And what they all go into "My Documents" or they go into individual directories within "My Documents" or?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

@josevoidtools:
As you might have noticed, people don't understand what you want.
I can think of 6 or 7 ways to accomplish what I *think* it is you want (without thinking very hard), but it might very well be that you want something completely different.

Let me put it another way: you want a filing program. Assume you could hire a programmer to build such a program. What would you tell him to build?