Monitor Not Picking Up Changes

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
therube

Monitor Not Picking Up Changes

Post by therube »

I think there are instances when Monitor is Not Picking Up Changes?

Of late, last two days or so, there have been times when I should be seeing something (a newly created file) but am not.

This would be an instance where the current search should be picking up a newly created file.

If I change the search, then revert, it is seen, or if I open a new window & search in there, it is seen, but in the current window, the change is not picked up until some action is performed in that window (like a search change).

I'm going to have to keep an eye out to confirm, but pretty sure I'm seeing this...

Nothing odd on this end, simply local disks, a single file that just doesn't show.
No mass creations or deletions or anything like that.
void
Developer

Re: Monitor Not Picking Up Changes

Post by void »

Can you remember what the search was?
therube

Post by therube »

Well when I was dealing with the "timezone" (farce), the search may have been as simple as "dumy .txt" or maybe "\TZ dumy .txt".

What I did, from a command line, was:

Code: Select all

C:\>  DIR > dumy.new3.TXT
And I looked in Everything, I didn't see "new3"?
Or at least I don't think I saw it?

Opened a new windows "dumy.new3.txt", & there it was.
Went back to original window, backspaced 1-char, "dumy .tx", then back to "dumy .txt",& there it was.

So then back to the command line &

Code: Select all

C:\>  DIR > dumy.new4.TXT
C:\>  DIR > dumy.new5.TXT
C:\>  DIR > dumy.new6.TXT
But as I was looking, specifically checking, they all happened to be picked up as expected.
So I was not able to forcibly duplicate.

I believe I've noticed similar, at times - of late.
The 'ol, now why is that showing up...?

Could the fact that the -debug window is open have any bearing?
As in might it catch it in "regular" mode, but when I jump to -debug, it's usage cause a change where an oddity like this is not happening? (Sometimes, I'll pop open -debug if I'm kind of expecting to see an oddity like this, hoping to catch it.)
void
Developer

Post by void »

Could the fact that the -debug window is open have any bearing?
As in might it catch it in "regular" mode, but when I jump to -debug, it's usage cause a change where an oddity like this is not happening?
Showing the debug console does not change the functionality of "Everything" in any way.

If it happens again, see if you can get a screenshot of a new window with the correct results and the old window with the missing results.

Do you have any search options enabled from the Search menu? any filters selected?