7-Zip not appearing in Everything context menu

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
tspivey

7-Zip not appearing in Everything context menu

Post by tspivey »

I'm using Everything 1.4.0.713b x64.
On one pc, the desktop, running Windows 8.1 x64,
I can open the context menu of a file and 7-Zip is there as a submenu with its items.
On the other pc, Laptop, running Windows 8.1 X64, I open the context menu in Everything (the same X64 version),
and there's no 7-Zip in my context menu. There is in Explorer on both machines.
What can I do to debug this?
On Laptop, if I tell 7-Zip not to cascade the menu (create a sub menu), the items appear. But I don't want it that way.
Is there something else I can try?
froggie

Re: 7-Zip not appearing in Everything context menu

Post by froggie »

I confirmed this on Windows 7 with the latest 64 bit versions of 7-ZIP and Everything 1.4.0.713b x64.

7-ZIp was set to associate with .zip files and .7z files (the native 7-Zip format) and to use its cascaded context menu option.

Right-clicking a .zip file from the Everything result menu produced the same context menu as right-clicking the file in Windows Explorer, with a 7-ZIP entry that cascaded.

Right-clicking a .7z file from the Everything result menu was missing the 7-Zip entry in the context menu, although it was present in Windows Explorer. Clicking the Open entry resulted in the file opening in 7-ZIP in both cases. Turning off cascading menus resulted in all of the 7-Zip options in both cases (but that really clutters the context menus).
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

froggie wrote:I confirmed this on Windows 7 with the latest 64 bit versions of 7-ZIP and Everything 1.4.0.713b x64.

7-ZIp was set to associate with .zip files and .7z files (the native 7-Zip format) and to use its cascaded context menu option.

Right-clicking a .zip file from the Everything result menu produced the same context menu as right-clicking the file in Windows Explorer, with a 7-ZIP entry that cascaded.

Right-clicking a .7z file from the Everything result menu was missing the 7-Zip entry in the context menu, although it was present in Windows Explorer. Clicking the Open entry resulted in the file opening in 7-ZIP in both cases. Turning off cascading menus resulted in all of the 7-Zip options in both cases (but that really clutters the context menus).
At least in my Windows 10 x64 there is no problem with the cascaded 7-zip context menus
V@no

Post by V@no »

No problem on my Windows 7 and 10, 7-Zip v9.20 and v15.14, Everything 1.4.0.713b x64