Hanging on Context Menu

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
LOTL

Hanging on Context Menu

Post by LOTL »

Just installed Everything on a new Laptop running Win 7 Pro 64. Had issues with the built in WIndows Search and the need to keep rebuilding the index. I mention this as it may possibly have something to do with the issue im having with everything.

I use everything primarily when im DJ'ing to look up songs on my external Hard drive and other locations on my C: drive. When i find the song i want, i then right click on it and from the context menu i select Enqueue in Winamp. Everything hangs at this point, the song doesnt show up in Winamp and im unable to close Everything or do anything else with it. Then 30-45 seconds later the song shows up and Everything becomes responsive again.

I can use other context menu choices such as Open, Open Path, Explore Path and others without issue. Other times im able to Enqueue in Winamp without a problem. Havent been able to isolate the problem to Winamp, Windows 7 or Everything.

I used this same combination for a few years with my older laptop running XP and never had a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
LOTL

Re: Hanging on Context Menu

Post by LOTL »

Thanks therube i tried running ShellExView and it didnt even show the Winamp Context Menu items.
While doing some more searching on the issue, i came across others that had similar issues just using the context menu in Windows Explorer and Windows 7.
Someone suggested right clicking on Winamp and Run as Administrator.
This worked for me and although there was a strange screen flicker the first few times i tried enqueing a file from within Everything, it immediately showed up in Winamp and Everything was responsive.

Dam spoke to soon. Didnt notice this initially, but every time i enque a song (from Windows Explorer), it starts a new instance of Winamp! Back to the drawing board.
void
Developer

Re: Hanging on Context Menu

Post by void »

Are you running Everything as administrator?

Please try running Everything as a standard user and installing the Everything service:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the General tab on the left.
  • Check Everything service.
  • Uncheck Run as administrator.
  • Click OK.
  • Restart Everything (right click the Everything tray icon and click Exit).