Some issues making keyboard shortcuts in Win 10

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
mat

Some issues making keyboard shortcuts in Win 10

Post by mat »

Hi,

First, thank you so much for creating this software and providing it free of charge! Windows search has lead to me yelling at the computer and cursing microsoft a number of times over the years so it was amazing to finally find this product the other day.

I'm having some problems making keyboard shortcuts in Win 10. For example I want "Win + f" to open Everything and I followed the regedit method as described but it didn't disable the hotkey. I think that method was for a previous windows version.

So then I just uninstalled Feedback Hub but the larger problem now is that Win does not register in the new window hotkey textbox. If I press Win + F nothing shows up. And of course I can't copy and paste it in because then ctrl + V would be the hotkey... :)

Is there somewhere in the codebase or config where I can manually set the hotkey?

Also something else I noticed you may already be aware of, pressing Fn (at least on a lenovo) puts 0xFF into the hotkey textbox, but I'm unable to chain that with any other letter.

Thank you for your time,
Matt
NotNull

Re: Some issues making keyboard shortcuts in Win 10

Post by NotNull »

mat wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm For example I want "Win + f" to open Everything and I followed the regedit method as described but it didn't disable the hotkey.
Pity you didn't include the link to that thread as there are several threads about this subject.

Anyhow, maybe this can help you: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8342#p27693
mat

Post by mat »

Yeah unfortunately it seems impossible to remap that particular combination in Win 10. I've just settled on Fn + Shift + F. Thanks
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

mat wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:05 am Yeah unfortunately it seems impossible to remap that particular combination in Win 10. I've just settled on Fn + Shift + F. Thanks
Its not general impossible !
I use Quick Access Popup for example which is written in Autohotkey.
With it I assigned WIN+F to some program without problems in Windows 10 x64 version 1903