controlling location of everything.db file

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
gopher

controlling location of everything.db file

Post by gopher »

Hi,

Great program!

Quick question. My everything.db file is always created on my Desktop, rather than in the EVERYTHING installation folder. I could have configured it this way during my Everything installation, but I don't remember doing so.

When I delete my everything.db file with Everything closed, when I restart Everything, a new everything.db file is created in my Desktop folder.

Before uninstalling Everything and reinstalling it, in an effort to have Everything.db created in my Everything folder, is there anything I can do to configure the location of my everything.db file to be other than in my Desktop folder? Thanks. Gopher
David
Developer

Re: controlling location of everything.db file

Post by David »

Download the latest version of "Everything" from
http://www.voidtools.com/download.php

To change the database location to the "Everything" installation folder:
  • In "Everything", from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Volumes tab.
  • Make sure the Database location is empty.
  • Click OK.
gopher

Post by gopher »

David,

Thanks. The problem was that a database location was listed for a partition that was not a local NTFS volume to be checked, and so I believe, as a result, the software, by default, put the db in my desktop folder. In any event, all is well now. I appreciate your help. gopher
gopher

Post by gopher »

David,

I have egg on my face. I just noticed that I have everything installed in 2 places on my PC; one being e:\everything and one located in, you guessed it, my Desktop folder, hence my finding the everything.db file on my Desktop. I've removed the 2nd instance of Everything, and now everything works perfectly. gopher