Start Menu Shortcuts Not Installing

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Shuey

Start Menu Shortcuts Not Installing

Post by Shuey »

I just tried a test install and everything appears to have worked, except the "start menu shortcuts"; the shortcuts show up for the user that ran the installer, but not in the all users start menu.

I installed with the following command:

Code: Select all

Everything-1.4.1.935.x64-Setup.exe /S -install-options "-app-data -disable-run-as-admin -disable-update-notification -install-client-service -uninstall-desktop-shortcut -install-efu-association -uninstall-folder-context-menu -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -uninstall-run-on-system-startup -install-service -install-start-menu-shortcuts -language 1033" /D=C:\Program Files\Everything
What am I missing:?:
NotNull

Re: Start Menu Shortcuts Not Installing

Post by NotNull »

You are mixing Everything.exe installation options with NSIS installation options for the setup executable.

For unattended installation, please download and unzip the Portable zip (64 bit) and run that one using the installation options from the link above.

EDIT: This turned out to be incorrect; you can use these command-line options for the installer too. Sorry for confusion.

BTW: You can probably remove the -install-client-service option. It is only needed in very specific situations (running Everything unattended)

Good luck!
Last edited by NotNull on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Start menu shortcuts are installed for the current user only.
The next major version of Everything will install start menu shortcuts for all users.

To install/uninstall start menu shortcuts for the current user:
-install-start-menu-shortcuts
-uninstall-start-menu-shortcuts

Here are some undocumented installation command line options:
-install-all-users-start-menu-shortcuts
-install-all-users-desktop-shortcut
-uninstall-all-users-start-menu-shortcuts
-uninstall-all-users-desktop-shortcut

Please add these to your -install-options "..." command line.

Install options and deployment:
/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5673
Shuey

Post by Shuey »

Thanks for the info void! I was able to get it to work with the info you gave me. And thanks NotNull as well for the tip on removing the client-service option!