Page 1 of 1
Exclusion do not work for removable drives
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:10 am
Exclusion do not work if I exclude drive X:/, which is removable. TrueCrypt drive, to be specific. I mount it and program starts to do something with it. Indexing, I guess. So I can't dismount. Then I go to Exclusions and see X:/ in list, which is ignored. I add one more exclusion, the same X:/ again, indexing stops and I can dismount now.
Re: Exclusion do not work for removable drives
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:24 am
Please try disabling automatically include new fixed volumes:
- In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the NTFS tab on the left.
- Uncheck Automatically include new fixed volumes.
- Select X: (if it is shown in the local NTFS volumes list)
- Uncheck Include in database.
- Click OK.
This will prevent Everything from automatically adding your X: drive to your index.
Adding volumes to the exclude list will not prevent Everything from indexing these volumes.
Everything also uses \ as a path separator, eg: X:\