Is it possible to display a filelist without sorting it?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
vsub

Is it possible to display a filelist without sorting it?

Post by vsub »

Lets say for example I make an autohotkey script that scans all of the shortcuts in recent and creates a list in the order I want.
Can everything display that list without sorting it...something like "No Sort" sort option

And while I am talking about the file list,can everything shows the file list the same way it shows the database(files icons and thumbnails)...maybe when I choose,"Read Extended Information" or my enabling some option
void
Developer

Re: Is it possible to display a filelist without sorting it?

Post by void »

something like "No Sort" sort option
Added to my TODO list.
Internally, filelists must be sorted, so Everything will need to store the original sort information, so this will need to be added as an option...
For now, can you use a date field to store the sort index? eg: for the first file in your list, store date created as 1, the second file in your list, store date created as 2 and so on, then sort your file list by date created to see the original sort order.
And while I am talking about the file list,can everything shows the file list the same way it shows the database(files icons and thumbnails)...maybe when I choose,"Read Extended Information" or my enabling some option
Currently, Everything treats filenames in filelists as offline. It will not go to disk for icons or thumbnails for files in your file lists.
I'll add an option to allow Everything to go to disk for icons and thumbnails for filelists.

Thanks for the suggestions.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Any update on this?
And rather that making a new thread for something related to file lists,I will ask here.

In what format everything is storing the file created and modified date
For example:

"X:\2019-04-06_140619.jpg" - file name
617841 - size in bytes
131990295799362030 - how this mean 06.04.2019 14:06:19
132014404922046063 - how this mean 04.05.2019 11:48:12
32 - how this mean "ready for archiving"
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

vsub wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:19 pm In what format everything is storing the file created and modified date
32 - how this mean "ready for archiving"
For both questions, see viewtopic.php?t=4484