Search issues - solved

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
FrozenGamer

Search issues - solved

Post by FrozenGamer »

I am using the latest version (Version 1.4.1.877 (x64))and this is the folder im searching for - Mike_Gordon-OGOGO-WEB-2017-ENTiTLED. This is the behavior i don't understand. If i search for mike gordon i get nothing. If i search for mike_gordon i get the folder. If i search for ogogo web i get the folder. So it appears to need to have the underscore to see it. However on my other computer i don't need the underscore to be in the search to get the files.

I tried resetting to default in the search area of options. Perhaps a clean install would fix it? Also for what its worth the machine with the problem is vista. Yes i know i shouldn't be running vista 64 in case that matters, but its really not used for anything but one application, ie i don't surf net or run anything else on it. I tried restarting everything that didn't help. I will reboot the computer in case that changes something.

EDIT - I AM NOT using the latest version, i will update and delete this post if it fixes it.

Edit 2 - I noticed the whole word in bottom right (not sure how it got there, but i suspect i must have clicked Ctrl-B at some point which toggles whole word on and off.