Dev's SSD recommendations please.

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
novell guy

Dev's SSD recommendations please.

Post by novell guy »

Hey All

I hope I don't get thrown out of here as this is my first post here and I am doing a BIG ask. :shock:

First of all thank you thank you for a most excellent FREE program.

Can the dev's maybe please please post a ssd friendly default setting for everything.

Thank you much appreciated for ANY help on this very new to SSD's but LOVE using everything and don't wanna stop. :roll:

ps.[did do a forum search and found only one post talking to taking off monitor changes from the SSD's volumes.]
horst.epp

Re: Dev's SSD recommendations please.

Post by horst.epp »

While Everything runs its Database is not written to disk
so there is nothing special to do for SSD disks.
therube

Post by therube »

novell guy

Post by novell guy »

thank you for the answer
will continue to use this most excellent program with pride and joy and no worries :D
novell guy

Post by novell guy »

that is the exact post i was refering too and asking if there might be any other settings that might preserve the almighty ssd :mrgreen:
therube

Post by therube »

Cons: very small wear on disk, on modern SSDs this would be of no concern.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

novell guy wrote:
that is the exact post i was refering too and asking if there might be any other settings that might preserve the almighty ssd :mrgreen:
If you have any recent SSD (younger than ~5 à 7 years), you don't have to worry about wearing out your SSD. In fact: that's almost impossible.

If you use your Windows system very actively, you might write 10-40GB of data per day. Those SSD's are guaranteed for writing 60-150 TB (look for TBW in the specs of your SSD).
In reality - a test done by a leading German computermagazine - it is more likely twice that much (the winner 'died' after writing more than 9 PB (=9000 TB). Those tests were done with a 250GB SSD. If you have a larger disk, those values increase even more.

And like @horst.epp already mentioned: Everything doesn't write much to disk:
After reading database and settings from disk (no wear), things happen in RAM. Only when you change a setting (writes the INI file) and when you completely exit Everything (writes database and INI to disk) things will be written to your SSD.

If you want to optimize your SSD, the best thing you can do is to keep it's firmware up-to-date.