Can't find any files if the path has more than two spaces

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
BlueCat

Can't find any files if the path has more than two spaces

Post by BlueCat »

Hi. Love your tool. I have an issue and I was hoping you could help me. I have no idea if this was always the case but I have noticed it today when trying to search files inside a folder. The folder name was "GTA San Andreas", as you can see, that folder has "two" spaces, first blank space after "GTA" and then the second blank space after "San". Now I have been able to narrow it down that ANY folder that has two spaces or more, on any drive, any path location, will be unable to find any files inside such a folder. In the example above, if I renamed "GTA San Andreas" to "GTASan Andreas", or "GTASanAndreas" so it either has only one space or no space at all, it then starts to find all files inside the folder. I've tested this on multiple drives, many times with brand new folders that I even create myself.

I apologise for the confusing post I'm not very good at explaining but I hope my issue can be understood. Would you happen to know how to fix this? Thank you.
NotNull

Re: Can't find any files if the path has more than two spaces

Post by NotNull »

If yo want to search for filenames or folders with space(s) in them, you need to put that isn double quotes, like:
"c:\My Games\GTA San Andreas\version 123"

If you are searching for this without the quotes, it will search for files that match: c:\My AND Games\GTA AND San AND Andreas\version AND 123