Context menu problem

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Searcher

Context menu problem

Post by Searcher »

Hi,

I enabled the "Shell context menus" for Everything (v1.2.1.371) and when I open Everything via the context menu while being in a subfolder, all is OK as I get for example:
"D:\subfoldername"
and then I can add another search term.

However, when I am in the root of one of my many partitions, I get for example:
"D:""
instead of "D:\" (even D:\ would suffice because there are no spaces). But the backslash after the colon "becomes" another quotation mark and the search result is zero.

Do you know why that could be? Is that normal or is something wrong with my operating system? I use Windows XP SP3 (German version).
therube

Re: Context menu problem

Post by therube »

Are you sure that D: is an NTFS formatted drive?
In my case, "C:\" works as expected, though D: is a FAT32 restore partition, so not seen by Everything.

That wouldn't explain why your "D:\subfoldername" works though :?:, so that would not be it.

So perhaps a locale issue?
void
Developer

Post by void »

This is a known issue, please see Can not open any drive from Search Everything...context menu for a solution.

This has been fixed for the next release of "Everything".
You might like to try this now with the latest alpha release.
Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Thanks for your reply, void. The latest alpha version fixed this problem. And I realized how much development is going on with "Everything". I am impressed.
It is too bad this forum doesn't have a search function. If it did, I would have searched first whether this problem had already been reported before. 142 topics in the support section (as of today) is actually not that much but it is still difficult to find something specifically.
therube

Post by therube »

Big 'ol box at the top of the page, that says "Search..." within, & a button right next to it that says Search ;-).
(And you don't even have to be logged in. <It is not always like that on other boards.>)

Not to worry, from your question I learned too.
Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Oh my god, I must be blind. How could I overlook that. I guess I was looking for it at some other place but not there. Thanks for pointing me to this search box.