Have installed program entries at the top of the list?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
cityismine

Have installed program entries at the top of the list?

Post by cityismine »

Is there way to make Everything search like the windows start menu search. In windows when you search for let's say "photoshop" or "eclipse", the executables are automatically sorted to the top of the list. This makes it easy to launch a program.

However, when I search for "photoshop" or "eclipse" in Everything, I have to scroll down a few pages to find the executable programs. Is there a way to make Everything behave like the Win7 start menu search? It would make it easier to launch installed programs.
void
Developer

Re: Have installed program entries at the top of the list?

Post by void »

You might like to try the latest alpha version of "Everything".

With the latest version of "Everything" you can sort by Run Frequency.

When you run a file, it will increase that files run frequency, making it appear higher up the list.

You can customize each file and folder's run frequency, by simply right clicking, and clicking on Set run frequency...
cityismine

Post by cityismine »

Okay I found another way of doing the same-thing. Since start menu shortcuts have the lnk extension, I simply search for eclipse*.lnk or photoshop*.lnk and the executables are automatically at the top of the list.

Now is there a way to have the .lnk extension files automatically sorted to the top of the list for every search, without having to type-in the .lnk extension?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Only with sorting by run history, and increasing the run frequency for .lnk extensions.