Double click on folder opens Windows Explorer

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
numaniko

Double click on folder opens Windows Explorer

Post by numaniko »

I have searched from older posts but could not find anything related with my query. Hence I am sorry if this has been asked and responded before..

When I double click on folder in search results, it opens windows explorer rather than open the associated path in Everything window. Do I miss an option in settings or this is how Everything designed like not working as an file explorer?
void
Developer

Re: Double click on folder opens Windows Explorer

Post by void »

Everything is not a file explorer.

Please try enabling the Everything folder context menu item:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the General tab.
  • Check Show folder context menus.
  • Click OK.
Now when you right click a folder you can click "Search Everything..." which will show all the subfolders and files in the selected folder.
numaniko

Post by numaniko »

thanks David for your quick response, as always. I really appreciate you for responding every single entry as far as I see.

Everything is not file explorer I agree, it's very much more than file explorer. But it will be more useful if it has file explorer feature as plus in my opinion. It's already really powerful tool for me since it is very light and do not consume much system resource. This can be considered as kind suggestion (I think I need to write this under Suggestion topic). Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Numan A.
therube

Post by therube »

Check the values for:

Everything Options | General | Context Menu:

(Pretty sure these are the defaults)
Explorer

Code: Select all

$exec("%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe" /n,/e,"%1")
Explore Path

$exec("%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe" /n,/e,/select,"%1")
numaniko

Post by numaniko »

Thanks Therube for your response.And sorry, I just able to see your message now :| But I just wanted to have exploring function on Everything, did not want it to open windows explorer to show path.
therube wrote:Check the values for:

Everything Options | General | Context Menu:

(Pretty sure these are the defaults)
Explorer

$exec("%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe" /n,/e,"%1")
Explore Path

$exec("%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe" /n,/e,/select,"%1")
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Maybe a bit unconventional:

In Options > Context Menu: Change the Open (Folders) command from $exec("%1") to:
$exec(everything.exe -path "%1")

Now, when double clicking a folder, it will start a new Everything with the folder as start path.
And if you deactivate the "Create a new window when running Everything" (Options > UI ), it will open that folder in the running Everything window.

With these settings you have (more or less) an Explorer function. Go to the previous folder with the key combination Alt-Left (Left from the cursor keypad)
numaniko

Post by numaniko »

Thanks a lot buddy. It helped :)
NotNull wrote:Maybe a bit unconventional:

In Options > Context Menu: Change the Open (Folders) command from $exec("%1") to:
$exec(everything.exe -path "%1")

Now, when double clicking a folder, it will start a new Everything with the folder as start path.
And if you deactivate the "Create a new window when running Everything" (Options > UI ), it will open that folder in the running Everything window.

With these settings you have (more or less) an Explorer function. Go to the previous folder with the key combination Alt-Left (Left from the cursor keypad)