Exclude feature does not work

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
tklow

Exclude feature does not work

Post by tklow »

I have attached a massive external storage device to my PC which I do NOT want everything to catalogue. The thing takes a long time to start up and it takes your software ages to give me a list of files when it does (it's a drobo with a failed network card, but that's another story). I have used the exclude list to exlude the entire drive letter for the DROBO. I've confirmed several times that drive J: is on the Everythign exclude list and that the checkbox to enable the exclude list is checked. But no matter what I do, Everything insists on catalogueing this drive. It's now so slow using everything that it's useless to me.

Please advise how I can get the exclude list to actually work. Thank you so much. I've recommended this program to dozens of people and have always been thrilled with it, until now.
froggie

Re: Exclude feature does not work

Post by froggie »

Have you tried going to Tools>Options>Indexes>NTFS and unchecking "Include in Database" for the device drive letter?
tklow

Re: Exclude feature does not work

Post by tklow »

I had not! I figured the exclude list would do the trick. I have just adjusted that setting and I'll see if things improve! thank you.