Linux based NAS indexing support

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
DaForce2000

Linux based NAS indexing support

Post by DaForce2000 »

I'm looking to get a synology NAS (linux based) soon, and was curious if Everything is able to index files on that NAS via a mapped drive.

I currently use folder indexing (via mapped drive) to index my current raid array which is on another pc running windows and NTFS formatted drives.

I'm guessing as long as the NAS share is mounted under windows as a mapped drive then I should be able to index it via folder indexing regardless of what file system is used on the NAS? It will be some linux file system.

I realise folder indexing is pretty slow compared to the native NTFS indexing so was wondering if there is any eta on linux file system indexing support?

Thanks!
void
Developer

Re: Linux based NAS indexing support

Post by void »

I'm guessing as long as the NAS share is mounted under windows as a mapped drive then I should be able to index it via folder indexing regardless of what file system is used on the NAS? It will be some linux file system.
Folder indexing will index any type of file system folder. It's not limited to NTFS.
Monitoring changes on remote folders can vary as to how SMB is implemented.
I realise folder indexing is pretty slow compared to the native NTFS indexing so was wondering if there is any eta on linux file system indexing support?
linux file system/ext4 support is on my TODO list.
DaForce2000

Re: Linux based NAS indexing support

Post by DaForce2000 »

Excellent. Thanks for clarifying that!