Set Context Menu Item Label?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
steepcreep

Set Context Menu Item Label?

Post by steepcreep »

Is it possible to set the label which is displayed when you right click on an item?

I'd like to customize the context menu label for "Explore Path" to "Open in Dopus Tab" or something like that.

i.e.
explore_path_command2=$exec("C:\Program Files\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")

to
explore_path_command2= "Open in Dopus Tab" $exec("C:\Program Files\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")

or whatever the switch/control is...

Thanks for any advice.
steepcreep

Re: Set Context Menu Item Label?

Post by steepcreep »

Hello?
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

As you only have one such config item it makes no sense to label it.
You know that you have configured your file manager, don't you ? ;)
steepcreep

Post by steepcreep »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean horst. I have two set up for the context menu, one opens an explorer window and one a new folder tab in DOpus, I'd just like to label them on the menu differently. As the context menu's labels come directly from the program there is no way to hack the menu (i.e. no registry tweaks). Sure, I can remember that "Open path" opens explorer, and "Explore path" opens DOpus but I'd still like to customize them.

My question still stands:

Is there some way to modify the labels displayed in the context menu when used from within everything? Thanks.
steepcreep

Post by steepcreep »

bump.
void
Developer

Post by void »

You can customize the text in Everything by creating your own translation.

Full context menu customization is on my "Things to do" list.

For now, you can customize the context menu the same way you would customize it for Windows Explorer:
http://www.howtogeek.com/107965/how-to- ... d=noscript
steepcreep

Post by steepcreep »

Sorry for the late reply void. That was awesome, it worked like a charm. You have created an incredibly easy to understand language translation system. I only wish I could speak another language so I could help out with development. I realize this is only a temporary fix (and just a cosmetic one) but just changing those two simple items "Open Path/Explore Path" makes it look so much more streamlined (Customized).

I really don't know what I would do without your program. I know there are similar programs out there but there is only one Everything! I use it all day every day. Thanks so much!!

Looking forward to new developments. :geek: