Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks | Sort OR Drag-and-Drop

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
tuska

Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks | Sort OR Drag-and-Drop

Post by tuska »

When I save a new bookmark ("Add to Bookmarks..."), it is added to the end of the existing bookmarks.
Therfore I often use the buttons "Move Up" and "Move Down" under "Organize Bookmarks...".

That is why I would like to propose the following:
1. Button "Sorting" with which the entries can be sorted ascending/[descending] by name
    OR
2. Drag-and-Drop, so that the entries can be dragged to the desired position

This would be a big relief, because with a larger bookmark list many clicks could be avoided.

(Theoretically you could also sort the Bookmarks.csv in an editor or Excel.
But this seems too much effort to me, because you would have to import the bookmarks into "Everything" afterwards).

PS: Useful bookmarks

Regards
Karl
NotNull

Re: Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks | Sort OR Drag-and-Drop

Post by NotNull »

For now, you could use Alt-Up and Alt-Down to move an entry, well .. up or down :) (*)
Just keep the cursor key pushed down to "fly" through the list. ( I think; i have just one single bookmark and had to create a couple of dummy ones to test this). That's probably even fasetr than dragging them around.

(*) Not documented anywhere, afaik.
tuska

Re: Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks | Sort OR Drag-and-Drop

Post by tuska »

NotNull wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm For now, you could use Alt-Up and Alt-Down to move an entry, well .. up or down :) (*)
Just keep the cursor key pushed down to "fly" through the list. ( I think; i have just one single bookmark and had to create a couple of dummy ones to test this). That's probably even fasetr than dragging them around.

(*) Not documented anywhere, afaik.
2NotNull
Interesting, thank you for this valuable hint and your efforts!