Customise search field

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
rs232

Customise search field

Post by rs232 »

I have just switched from Neosearch to Everything and I'm very happy with the result :)

There's only one thing that I really would like implemented though and that is the search field customisation.

As far as I can see I can only affect the result field changing e.g. font type and size, but I would really love this to be possible for the search field.

e.g. if you try to increase the result field font size you'll see that it looks ugly to have the search field very small compared to

my 2 cents
void
Developer

Re: Customise search field

Post by void »

To customize the search edit font and size, please see:
/support/everything/customizing/#fonts_and_colors

or, please consider changing your "Everything" DPI, which will change the size of all fonts and the size of all controls:
/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6946
rs232

Post by rs232 »

Thank you for this!
I guess you should then move this to the "Support" forum as it's not really a feature request at this point :)

One question on this topic why do I have a Enrerything.ini in two places (%APPDATA%\Everything and program files\Everything) ?

Many thanks
Last edited by rs232 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please make sure you exit Everything completely before changing your Everything.ini:
  • Right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit.
Also added changing your DPI option:
/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6946
rs232

Post by rs232 »

Ok let me recap:

both the about:config .ini editing and changing the DPI from the search field works great!!!

Very final question, I can't see any settings (I'm sure it's me) to change the search field background colour. Is this possible at all?

Thanks again!
void
Developer

Post by void »

Currently the search edit background color is hard coded to the Window Background color as Windows themes makes it difficult to change this property.