Support toolbar and check boxes

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
christmw2503

Support toolbar and check boxes

Post by christmw2503 »

Excuse me if this has already been discussed before, I've joined the forum only today.
There are 2 features that I use all the time in Windows Explorer that I'd like added to Everything:
1. Item check boxes to select multiple items without using the Ctrl key.
2. Some kind of a toolbar where one would choose what items to display. That's what I like the most about the ribbon in Windows Explorer as it's quicker (for me) to delete/copy/paste with the mouse.
NotNull

Re: Support toolbar and check boxes

Post by NotNull »

christmw2503 wrote:Excuse me if this has already been discussed before, I've joined the forum only today.
Welcome! :D

the first feature has been asked for a couple of times and it is on void's todo-list.
I have no idea what you mean with that second feature (I *never* use that ribbon stuff as I find it very confusing)
What should/should not be displayed? Could you give some examples?
christmw2503

Post by christmw2503 »

Thx for the reply. People have divided opinions on the ribbon. I actually more or less like it. What I LOVE is the "Quick Access Toolbar". I use it all the time on Office 2016 and Windows Explorer. On Explorer, I've pinned cut, copy, paste, delete (these last 2 I use the most), toggle preview pane, etc.
If available on Everything, I would pin copy, cut, toggle for different view modes, show/hide excluded folders and other stuff hidden in the settings.
The bottom line. I use the mouse more than the keyboard. If you're more of a keyboard guy, you'll find little use of a toolbar. And I find it faster to click on a visible toolbar than right clicking for a contextual menu. I hope I make sense.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Ah, now I get it! Thanks for explaining.