Everything and built-in spreadsheet (Text/Spreadsheet Mode)

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Stamimail

Everything and built-in spreadsheet (Text/Spreadsheet Mode)

Post by Stamimail »

Stamimail wrote:By the words "Text Mode" I mean, to have the Results pane like a built-it spreadsheet, where you can copy/edit Text. But I guess it's not simple thing to do.
The more we talk about Everything as being a type of file manager (Windows Explorer alternative), this idea become more important.
It would be interesting to know if it would be possible to make a use of a code of open source spreadsheet software (like OpenOffice), at least as a plug-in.
This idea is important IMHO, because it allows several things:
Read Mode:
1. You will be able to Read/Copy every part in the Results Pane. Select the columns/rows/cells and Ctrl+C (the same way you do in Excel). No need to Export.
Edit mode:
More complex will be the Edit mode, since not every column can be editable. As in the Excel spreadsheet it will have a drag handle, for advanced editing. It will allow:
2. advanced editing of Filenames (Rename)
3. editing of Tags (Mp3tag alternative).
Like in Windows Explorer: when you enter edit mode, this will allow multiple editing, and when all changes are done, click "Save".
Not like in Windows Explorer: It will allow directly editing within the file manager. No need to Properties Pane for editing.
void
Developer

Re: Everything and built-in spreadsheet (Text/Spreadsheet Mode)

Post by void »

I've put this on my TODO list:
spreadsheet mode: arrow keys to select 'cells' -copy text from all columns easily.

I would rather avoid modifying files in Everything, I'll consider an edit mode, it would probably need plug-in support for changing id3 tags.

Thanks for the suggestion.