More agressive hold the focus in the input field

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
YaakovTooth

More agressive hold the focus in the input field

Post by YaakovTooth »

Windows has a terrible demeanor. She has the ability to throw on the screen the user a new window and immediately transmit them to the focus. Thus, you can accidentally delete something for yourself. When you are working quietly, typing on the keyboard, Windows dialog is displayed, switches the focus to it and sets a default button, e.g. OK. I type very quickly and is such nonsense that I don't have time to stop and press the space bar while typing text. And I hit space bar, and space bar hit OK button in dialog window that appeared in 0.01 seconds. And is something not very pleasant. :evil:

But it was the Preface.

If it is possible in Windows API: please, if I have enabled the option "Always on top" and open the main window — hold the input focus on this window. If I type a search query into Everything — then I should continued to do it. Even if Windows launched a thousand and one program with millions new dialog as IE4 plugins hell in 90s. Even if she wants to ask me something very important (in her opinion). In the beginning I should finished my query and current Everything session, close (or minimize) Everything dialog and only then sorts out all that Windows decided to show this time.

Everything — is best Windows app for everyday use. Thank you very much!

P.S. In my dreams I see realized a Damerau-Levenstein fuzzy search. Sorry I can't help you develop Everything in C.