I want no HTTP/ETP/FTP servers edition.

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Masa

I want no HTTP/ETP/FTP servers edition.

Post by Masa »

Everything has HTTP server mode and ETP/FTP server mode.
Since these functions are regarded as security risk of information leakage, use of this software is not permitted in my workplace.
It is not permitted for users to turn off the option and use it, because users can turn on their options.

Suggestion for no HTTP/ETP/FTP funciton edition.
(No network server edition. HTTP/ETP/FTP options are always grayed out and never usable)
void
Developer

Re: I want no HTTP/ETP/FTP servers edition.

Post by void »

I have been considering a lite version of Everything with no built in servers, thanks for the suggestion.

If users are able to install or run Everything, what's to stop them from running other HTTP/FTP servers?
What about users creating windows shares?
I'm assuming your workplace would have some kind of firewall, which would limit these servers to your LAN only.
Masa

Post by Masa »

Thank you for your reply.

> If users are able to install or run Everything, what's to stop them from running other HTTP / FTP servers?
What about users creating windows shares?

In my office, information on installed software is automatically collected. And, when software which is not allowed is found, warning is sent.
Software with HTTP server function is not allowed.
Unapplied windows shares are also checked.

>I'm assuming your workplace would have some kind of firewall, which would limit these servers to your LAN only.
There are local files that should not be shared even within the LAN for keeping the confidentiality of the project.
Therefore, the workplace requires that the software does not have a network sharing function.

It's strict rule... but Everything is great software and I am glad if I can use it.
void
Developer

Post by void »

I've created a version of Everything for enterprise use.

This version disables and hides the ETP/FTP/HTTP servers.
They can only be re-enabled if users have write permissions to C:\Program Files.

Everything msi deployment