tweak the way "up"/"down" keys work

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
DerpMcDerp

tweak the way "up"/"down" keys work

Post by DerpMcDerp »

1. If you're in the search results list, pushing the "up"/"down" at the first/last result should move keyboard focus to the query field.
  2. If there are 0 objects displayed in the search results list, pushing the "up"/"down" keys in the query field should NOT move keyboard focus to the search results list.
void
Developer

Re: tweak the way "up"/"down" keys work

Post by void »

Thanks for the suggestions.
1. If you're in the search results list, pushing the "up"/"down" at the first/last result should move keyboard focus to the query field.
Please try setting Tools -> Options -> Results -> Result list focus to repeat with search.
2. If there are 0 objects displayed in the search results list, pushing the "up"/"down" keys in the query field should NOT move keyboard focus to the search results list.
I used to do this, but always thought Everything had hung when up/down wouldn't work.
I'll review adding an option to do this.
I also hope to show a focus rectangle around the entire result list when there are no results, making it clear the result list has focus.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

If there are 0 objects displayed in the search results list, pushing the "up"/"down" keys in the query field should NOT move keyboard focus to the search results list
in my opinion, it SHOULD move keyboard focus to search results list
show a focus rectangle around the entire result list
not this ugly focus rectangle again please
only as a ridiculous option for i-do-not-know-whom
(preferably disabled by default and hidden somewhere in ini-file)
DerpMcDerp

Post by DerpMcDerp »

void wrote:Please try setting Tools -> Options -> Results -> Result list focus to repeat with search.
Thanks. How come that isn't the default?

Also I found a bug: if there are 0 objects in the results list and the keyboard focus is in the results list, pushing "up" doesn't move focus to the query field only "down" does.
void
Developer

Post by void »

It's a known bug with 1.4.0.713b.

It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the bug report.