Select what drive to search / Make path clickable

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
bkm

Select what drive to search / Make path clickable

Post by bkm »

Hi, first off, HUGE THANKS for your awesome "Everything" app. I was using File Finder by Aten Software but I find this one suits my needs more since it searches for folders too! After playing around with it now for a while, I've ditched File Finder hehe. But I have two suggestions I hope will be considered for your "To Do" list:

1) So I have a total of eight NTFS hard drives hooked up. I needed to quickly find a file called "Eve" on my Z drive. I know it's on Z, I'm just not sure where. I typed in Eve but sooo many results popped up due to it searching all the other drives too. So would it be possible to list all the searchable volumes on the main GUI and be able to highlight the one hard drive I actually want to search? If none of the searchable volumes are highlighted than all will be searched. This would cut down on all the results since I know which drive the file I need is on.

2) Instead of just the file name being clickable under the column "Name", would it be possible to also make the results under the column "Path" clickable too? For instance, I found my above mentioned Eve file in my Z:/My Docs 2/Assorted Work/Mics/To Do folder. Now wouldn't it be nice if the path Z:/My Docs 2/Assorted Work/Mics/To Do was also left clickable under the "Path" heading so I could get to that whole folder really quick instead of right clicking on the file itself?

These are my two suggestions. Again, BIG BIG THANKS for your great software!

bkm
daspud

Re: Select what drive to search / Make path clickable

Post by daspud »

If you know it is on the Z: drive then just start with z: hit the space bar and type eve. Play with the space bar to qualify searches with partial matches. It is very powerful

I believe there is a TODO item for making the entire line left and right clickable so you don't have to slide all the way to the left to click.
David
Developer

Re: Select what drive to search / Make path clickable

Post by David »

The option to click the path in the path column is on my "Things to do" list.