Any way to exclude a specific character from search results?

General discussion related to "Everything".
Geoff741

Any way to exclude a specific character from search results?

Post by Geoff741 »

I know I can add the folder to the excludes list but this takes a little while and it's not really worth it cause of how I order my folders. Most folders I wish to exclude are temporary and will be deleted soon. I know I can type !§ to exclude that character, but then I have to type around that every time

I'm thinking that if I were to just add something like an § to a folder name (§ doesn't work) then everything won't be able to see it.

I've yet to find a character that Everything can't see, and while I figured out how to add specific folders to the exclude list, I can't figure out how to get it to exclude specific characters.
froggie

Re: Any way to exclude a specific character from search results?

Post by froggie »

Create a filter with the character you chose, preceded by ! (not). Select that filter and its search term will be added to whatever you enter and no files or folders with that character will be in the results.

So, if you chose $ as your character, go to Search==>Add to filters. Name the filter NOT $, put !$ in the search term and be sure all the boxes are not checked. Click OK.

Go to View and select Filters. Choose NOT $ from the pull down on the right side of the search line and go search.