Can I share the database over the network?

General discussion related to "Everything".
Tyamich

Can I share the database over the network?

Post by Tyamich »

Can I use a shared database on my server, so that other users can use it ? Will the data be overwritten or synchronized? I tried in the indexing section to specify the network path to save the database Everything on the server, but the database itself was not saved.
NotNull

Re: Can I share the database over the network?

Post by NotNull »

There are different options, but the most straightforward one would be running an ETP server on the server where your files are.
Tyamich

Post by Tyamich »

NotNull wrote:There are different options, but the most straightforward one would be running an ETP server on the server where your files are.
Ok, I understood. Can you suggest the following nuance?

There are two administrator accounts on one server. Can I configure "Everything" in such a way that the configuration of "Everything" is the same for both accounts?
For example, on the server, the session of one account is terminated and Everything continues to work on another administrator account.

Can I also configure the client program so that it connects to the ETP server on its own?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Tyamich wrote: There are two administrator accounts on one server. Can I configure "Everything" in such a way that the configuration of "Everything" is the same for both accounts?
For example, on the server, the session of one account is terminated and Everything continues to work on another administrator account.
You can run the ETP server under a service account. That way nobody has to be logged in to have it running.
(Running an ETP server as a service from the page I previously linked)
BTW: Even when you are logged in at the server where the ETP server is running, you can also connect to the locally running ETP server-service
Can I also configure the client program so that it connects to the ETP server on its own?
[/quote]
Yes, you can! :) :
Put the connection information in the client's Everything.ini: http://www.voidtools.com/support/everything/ini#etp
-or-
Use commandline paranmeters: http://www.voidtools.com/support/everyt ... tions/#etp