Are there other tools on the anvil?

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
nagan

Are there other tools on the anvil?

Post by nagan »

Now , is Mr Void considering adding a few more applications to Everything? I have two apps (quiet significant) in mind which may work on similiar lines but the concept of Everything could change it phenomenally . That is if Void is interested....for his spare time. :D
void
Developer

Re: Are there other tools on the anvil?

Post by void »

I am developing other tools.
My main priority is Everything, which doesn't leave with much time for anything else.

I would love to hear about your two apps. Post a message here or drop me an email at david@voidtools.com
nagan

Post by nagan »

I would love to hear about your two apps. Post a message here or drop me an email at david@voidtools.com
They are not mine but popular ones which I tend to use regularly. Sorry for not conveying it clearly. I do short time amateur coding when time permits.

WINDIRSTAT
This arranges all the entries cursively into their hierarchic folder origin states.The choice of sorting up and down by sizes or date modified. Extremely useful in identifying disk clogs. Other than slightly rearrange the GUI , the only details that need to be evolved are the Free space and Unknown space(Total-used-free). Available here

INSTALLWATCH
This one takes a snapshot of files state and registry before installation of a software and makes a comparison with the altered states and lists the difference (additions , deletions , modifications) to the files and registry. This used to take a long time for scanning the files which Everything can do in a jiffy and ofcourse the comparison would be faster. The only new programming would be the registry scanning. Available here. Incase you are trying this out ,since this is a little older 32bit program tick off the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE in configure as this would cause some time-delays in 64bit environment.
therube

Post by therube »

> WINDIRSTAT

Not exactly the same, but WizTree finds the files and folders.

Otherwise, TreeSize Free.
nagan

Post by nagan »

@therube
Tried Wiztree - quiet interesting and it seems an evolving software. The direct click to open the files does not work , a major irritant. The free and Unknown space are not mentioned.